Filter by Category
Resources & Support
Being the best caregiver you can be includes caring for yourself. The 2nd Half with Lyngblomsten Caregiver Services team is here to help you on your caregiving journey. Our staff is providing support and resources remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, including via email, on the phone, and through online meetings. Services include:
- Telephone Support (one-time or multiple sessions): Speak over the phone with a member of our team. We will listen, provide reassurance and guidance, and/or provide resources for your caregiving journey. Participate in a one-time call or over multiple sessions.
- Education & Access to Resources: Connect with staff for educational materials and email updates to help you on your caregiving journey, which include activity ideas to try with your care partner during this time of social isolation.
- Memory Loss Caregiver Support Groups (online): Open to persons caring for someone experiencing Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia.
- Caregiver Coaching: Our staff are providing caregiver-coaching support to individuals who are providing care to an adult experiencing any form of dementia.
- Group eRespite (for persons with memory loss and their caregivers): Our online Group eRespite program provides one hour of engaging, creative programming for persons experiencing memory loss and a break for their caregivers. Multiple sessions held each week in the morning and afternoon. We currently have openings! To learn more, visit our website at www.lyngblomsten.org/eRespite.
Lyngblomsten Caregiver Services is supported, in part, by gifts made to the Lyngblomsten Foundation and is funded under contract with Trellis as part of the Older Americans Act.
Memory Loss Caregiver Support Groups
Family and friends who are caring for someone experiencing Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia are welcome to participate. All groups are open to caregivers in the community via Zoom (online video communication tool) or telephone. Each session lasts approximately one hour.